Saturday 17 October 2009

Autumn Colours and Frosty Leaves

This week I've been met by frost on the grass in the mornings. Winter is getting closer. I've tryed to grasp the freshness of those early morning hours before the sun warms the air in an ikebana arrangemnet with several vases. The bright red of the Japanese Maple is enhenced by the blue ceramic vases. White veils of Gypsophila adds a frosty feeling. The idea is to use the space inbetween the vases to create a sculptural arrangement.

In the other arrangement the vases are connected by bamboo sticks. Orange Gerbera and Montbretia (Crocosmia) adds autumn colour. But it's the tention between the vases and the spaces created by the sticks that defines this arrangement.

1 comment:

nordic lotus said...

One of my friends at Fllickr commented on this photo: When I see it I feel like it depicts dialogue among very talkative ladies. ;-)
I mean they are talkative because they haven't seen each other for years and now they want to catch up and learn what's new.
It makes me think of a quotation by Sofu Teshigahara: Flowers, when set in ikebana, cease to be flowers. Flowers become human in ikebana. (From Kadensho)

Related Posts with Thumbnails